At A Glance
Program DurationOne or two semesters
Semester @ CSUB Tuition$5,500 or $8,000, plus living expenses
About Semester @ CSUB
The Semester @ CSUB program provides an opportunity for students from around the world to study alongside American students a semester at a time. Students can take classes across a wide range of disciplines including business, engineering, computer science,
communications, natural sciences and more.
Program participants receive all of the benefits of a university student – as well as all the entertainment, dining and social opportunities available in Bakersfield and throughout Southern California – without the long-term commitment. It’s the easiest and most cost-efficient way to study abroad!
Why Bakersfield? It's close to everything!
When you choose to study at CSU Bakersfield, not only will you receive world-class instruction from CSUB faculty, you'll be within a short drive of many of California's most popular destinations - including:
- 2-hour drive to Los Angeles, Hollywood and the beach
- 4-hour drive to San Diego and San Francisco
- Skiing at Mt. Pinos is just an hour drive
- Premium shopping on Rodeo Drive (about 90 minutes) and a new outlet mall just outside of Bakersfield
- Many shops, restaurants, museums and outdoor activities near the CSUB campus
Learn more about campus life
Check out our campus life section to learn more about the CSUB campus, our academic and social offerings, and housing options.